Corporate and Business Coach/Mentor, Workplace Trainer
Certified Level 3 REAL Coach (Real Education Accelerated Learning)
Certificate IV Workplace Training and Assessment
Accredited Extended DISC Practitioner
After completing a Bachelor Science Degree (majoring in computer science) I began a career in Information Technology and Project Management. After 14 years, I accomplished a lot in the corporate arena but found myself working long days and weekends to meet project timeframes. As a consequence, I was confronted with challenging health issues that forced me to invest time into reflecting on what I needed to do differently. It became clear to me that I had to make a change as I had much more to offer people in business and the community as an educator.
With my new vision in mind I became highly motivated towards the persuit of an improved quality lifestyle and a sense of real enjoyment and freedom within my career. This lead me towards becoming a certified professional coach where I now live my passion supporting professionals and individuals to gain optimum balance, success and fulfilment in their business and lives.
As a coach I thrive on inspiring executives, managers, and business owners using a coaching approach that blends both the “creative” and the “systematic” to ensure the coaching process is well balanced towards optimum results. Work life balance, health and wellbeing and interpersonal communication skills are key areas I focus on with my coaching clients.
As a mentor I assist:
- project managers in creative thinking, interpersonal communication, team building strategies and work life balance
- business owners either starting up a new business or looking to take it to a new level
- business and life coaches that want to learn how to develop a successful coaching practice without wasting valuable time and money in finding out what works and what doesn’t.
As a trainer I strive for the ultimate balance of inspiration, fun, participant invlovement and an abundance of valuable information. My focus is with organisations and businesses that want to improve the performance and effectiveness of their greatest asset – their people. Leadership development, team effectiveness, customer service, and relationship building skills are real favourites for me.
A simpler understanding of executive business planning tools and systems
Mark has given me an insight into how I can achieve a clearer and simpler understanding of executive business planning tools and systems. I have been able to achieve a total review of our organisation’s management Vision, Mission, Purpose, Values and Strategic Plan in a relatively short space of time. Mark has an open, honest and straight forward style that supports simple and easy to follow systems. Mark also has a quick ability to identify an area requiring improvement and supports the client to achieve that outcome for themselves.
Well structured coaching and I found myself gaining renewed motivation
Although I have been the Principal and Owner of a successful Real Estate Business for 22 years I have always believed that ongoing education and motivation is very important both for me and my staff. I had been thinking about a professional coach for some time and was fortunate enough to meet up with Mark Coburn. Mark had a great intelligent approach, the coaching was well structured and I found myself gaining renewed motivation. I was also able to use fresh ideas for goal setting and problem solving. Mark’s successful corporate background enables him to apply consistent and sound principles into any business situation, including the real estate industry. I enjoyed several months of coaching and have invited Mark to present some of his inspirational ideas to my staff.
Mark has enabled me to clarify my top ten values
I had the opportunity to work with Mark Coburn in his capacity as a Business Coach. Mark filled this role extremely well, as he brought a broad range of experience to the table, plus his extensive skills in Project Planning and Management. What impressed me the most about Mark’s work was that he enabled me to clarify my top ten values. He challenged me in a totally supportive atmosphere enabling me to work through a number of business and life issues which means that I now have a more balanced relationship with myself, my wife and my family. I am very grateful for Mark’s proactive approach in guiding me with making distinctions and better decisions in my life.
In addition to all my satisfied clients, there are many other achievements that have been significant milestones for me over the years.
- I successfully started and developed my own business.
- Writing and publishing a series of 5 eBooks on interpersonal communication skills for people in business with thousands of subscribers world-wide in over 35 countries was a great experience.
- Being the founder of SuperSelf's SMARTER Goals methodology has been a really notable achievement for me.
- I have developed and successfully delivered several workshops to business professionals, such as "The Positive Power of Interpersonal Communication Skills", “How to become Fit, Healthy and Live your Life to the Max” and "Achieve Your Goals - The SMARTER Way"
- As a coach I have surpassed the milestone of engaging and empowering 100 coaching and mentoring clients.
To get in contact with me, you are welcome to send a message and I will get back to you as soon as possible: