What is executive coaching?
Executive coaching is facilitative one-to-one coaching with key executives in an organisation. It is for the benefit of the individual client, with the focus on organisational performance or development, although there may also be a personal component as well. Results are measured against the performance requirements of the organisation for the individual being coached.
What does it cover?
Executive coaching covers the complex combination of skills and human capacities that are required of today’s executives such as:
- business acumen and financial management
- leadership and organisational skills
- social and communication skills
- analytical and innovative thinking capacities
- ability to inspire trust and commitment to action
- rewards and acknowledgement
- “presence” that allows them to work in a very large arena or overlapping arenas.
What are the attributes of an executive coach?
In order to be an effective resource for the executive’s development, executive coaches must possess a unique combination of maturity, professional skills and human qualities, such as:
- a firm grounding in business knowledge and competencies
- thorough understanding of the world of the executive leader
- a broad understanding of leadership and leadership development
- knowledge of systems dynamics of organisations and communities.
How would it be useful?
There are many reasons why companies hire SuperSelf coaches, such as:
- leadership development
- implementation of strategic goals
- team development and a learning culture
- induction of a new members of staff or staff into a new role
- succession planning
- career development
- retirement and outplacement
- personal difficulties of a key staff member
Contact us today to learn more about how executive coaching can empower your organisation: